The rules of the contest are as follows:
- The announcement of the VI Edition of the International Short Tales Contest organized by the César Egido Serrano Foundation, domiciled in Madrid, Maldonado St, number 65, B stairs, 1st left, with CIF number G-85684769 will remain open for the reception of stories on May 26, 2021.
- Writers from anywhere in the world may participate, over 14 years old. The participation of the workers and the board of trustees of the César Egido Serrano Foundation itself is restricted.
- Originals whose theme will be free (two per author, maximum, whatever their languages) will be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew.
- An overall first prize of 20,000 dollars is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest.
- Three prizes of $ 2,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that are not winners of the main prize.
- The stories cannot exceed 100 words. They will be sent exclusively by completing the online form that will be found on the website of the Foundation: www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com.
- The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc...) and must not been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
- The deadline for submission of originals will end at 24h (Spanish peninsular time) of the September 30, 2021.
- From the closing date of receipt stories and for a period of 30 days, all those participants who so wish will be able to access the short stories presented, selecting the language in which they wish to do, to a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 25 stories, and giving to all accounts so wishing a net score between 1 and 10 points anonymously and through a random selection of them that will be made available to you from the official website of the Foundation.
In order to ensure the impartiality and transparency of voting, the system will ensure that all micro stories Passed through the voting system the same number of times.
In a second qualifying phase, the 50 stories with the highest weighted average score in each language, will be sent and evaluated by the winners of the previous editions in each of their respective languages, awarding the first winner and the corresponding accésits. In the event of a tie, it will be addressed with the quality vote of the president of the independent jury appointed by the Foundation.
The list of finalist titles and the first winner will be published on the Foundation's website in the OFFICIAL STATE BULLETIN and in a national newspaper.
- The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the rigth to publish the stories received without any payment for it, in any of the digital or physical means. And without obtaining any economic compensationfor this explotitation and /or publication.
- The decision of the jury will be final. The stories that violate any of the articles described here in will not be admitted to the contest. These regulatory bases are deposited before a notary. The Foundation reserves the right to modify the method of evaluation of the stories participating in the first phase due to technical needs of the system used, or not reaching a number of evaluations that guarantees its plurality. If this were the case, said modification would be communicated in advance.