Taking into account the objective of the Foundation, which is that the word is the tool for coexistence between different cultures, religions and ideologies, the VII Edition of the contest opens, under the slogan:
"DREAM, WRITE AND SHARE"
The rules of the contest are as follows:
- The announcement of the VII Edition of the International Short Story Contest organized by the César Egido Serrano Foundation, domiciled in Madrid, Maldonado St, number 65, B stairs, 1st left, with CIF number G-85684769 will remain open for the reception of stories on May 26, 2021.
- Writers from anywhere in the world may participate, over 14 years old. The participation of the workers and the board of trustees of the César Egido Serrano Foundation itself is restricted.
- Originals whose theme will be free (THREE per author, maximum, whatever their languages) will be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew.
- An overall first prize of 20,000 dollars is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest.
- Three prizes of $ 2,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that are not winners of the main prize.
- The stories cannot exceed 100 words. They will be sent exclusively by completing the online form that will be found on the website of the Foundation: https://www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com
- The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc...) and must not been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
- The deadline for submission of originals will end at 24h (Spanish peninsular time) of the September 30, 2023. This period could be extended if the development of the contest so requires or if there is any technical reason for it.
- From the closing date for the reception of stories and for a period of 30 days, all those participants who so wish may access and vote on the micro-stories presented, selecting the language in which they wish to do so, and granting a net score between 1 and 10 points, anonymously and through a random selection of them, to a minimum of 10 stories and a maximum of 50. The Foundation reserves the right to modify the voting system or term to guarantee the correct development of it. The voting system will be made available to all those who want to vote, from the official website of the Foundation.
In order to ensure the impartiality and transparency of voting, the system will ensure that all micro stories Passed through the voting system the same number of times.
In a second qualifying phase, the 50 stories with the highest weighted average score in each language, will be sent and evaluated by a jury previously designated by the foundation, in each of their respective languages, thus designating the first winner and the corresponding runners-up. In the event of a tie, it will be resolved with the casting vote of the president of the jury appointed by the Foundation. The list of finalist titles and the first winner will be published on the website of the César Egido Serrano Foundation.The list of finalist titles and the first winner will be published on the Foundation's website
- The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the rigth to publish the stories received without any payment for it, in any of the digital or physical means. And without obtaining any economic compensationfor this explotitation and /or publication
- The decision of the jury will be final. The stories that violate any of the articles described here in will not be admitted to the contest. These regulatory bases are deposited before a notary. The Foundation reserves the right to modify the method of evaluation of the stories participating in the first phase due to technical needs of the system used, or not reaching a number of evaluations that guarantees its plurality. If this were the case, said modification would be communicated in advance.