The César Egido Serrano Foundation launches the V Edition of the International Prize for Micro-Stories
• The prize of $20,000 to the winning story will make it the biggest prize of microfiction in the world; with three prizes of $1,000 each for the best stories in each of the languages in the contest.
• In the fourth edition, 35,638 works from 149 countries participated in the contest.
• In addition to the Spanish language, the stories can be entered in English, Arabic, and Hebrew.
The César Egido Serrano Foundation has convened the Fifth International Flash Fiction Competition. The contest is one of the activities carried out by the Foundation to achieve its objectives, which is none other than that to use words as a tool against all violence and to promote concord between different cultures, religions and ideologies.
The César Egido Serrano Foundation launches the
V International Flash Fiction Competition
Keeping in mind the Foundation´s ethos, which is that the word is the tool of coexistence between different cultures, religions and ideologies, the V Edition of competition is open, under the motto:
"The word, bridging the gap between different cultures and religions"
1. The 5th Edition of the International Prize for Micro-Stories is organized by the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
2. Writers from anywhere in the world may participate.
3. Originals whose theme will be free (two per author, maximum) will be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew.
4. An overall first prize of 20,000 dollars is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest.
5. Three prizes of $ 1,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that are not winners of the main prize.
The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc...) and must not been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
7. The deadline for submission of originals will end at 24h (Spanish peninsular time) of the International Day of the Word as a Bond of Humankind (motto of the Foundation), on November 23rd, 2017. 8. The jury will make a selection of the finalists it deems appropriate. The list of finalist titles will be published on the website of the César Egido Serrano Foundation. 9. The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the right to publish the finalist stories.
10. The decision of the jury will be final. 11. The registration in this contest is an agreement in the total acceptance of its rules. 12. Texts that do not comply with any of the rules will be disqualified.